It’s a Hard Life

This weekend has provided us with a lot of fun times and lots of laughter. On Friday night Toby and Dave came round to our place for some pizza and Glee (a drama/comedy about a school’s show choir and how the coach of the cheersquad is trying to bring them down). In the end I think we only watched 2 episodes, coz we were too busy talking and laughing …. oh and playing Wii! We had a really nice night and I think they left around midnight (ish).

Then on Saturday we spent most of the afternoon with our landlady and her husband trying to fix the bed in the spare room. That, of course, wasn’t fun, but then we met a group of friends from church at the train station to all go into Hammersmith Town Hall for a Scottish Ceilidh. Nick wore his kilt and the rest of us just wore whatever we could find that looked nice and would be comfortable to dance in. When we first got there, the doors weren’t open yet, so we went to a local pub and then came back. We decided to eat first, so we had our Haggis, Neeps and Tatties, but by this stage there were heaps of people there so all the seats were taken. Once a group of people were up dancing Adrian tried to sit down at a few empty seats but this guy had a complete mental at him. Adrian wasn’t being rude, explaining that there was nowhere to sit, and he’d move when they came back from dancing, but the other bloke wasn’t having any of it. In the end we decided to stay for one dance and then go home (otherwise Adrian’s knees weren’t going to cope). After the first dance, Adrian found a ledge to sit on, and because I really wanted to stay, he soldiered on through the pain and stayed (what a sweety). We took it in turns with the others to dance or mind bags, and then for a couple of dances we all got up.

One of the dances we just had no idea what we were doing and Natalie and I were laughing so hard we could barely move. As is always the case at these things I had a lady stand on my foot with her heel, which really hurt since I had open shoes on. It didn’t help that a guy on the train home stood on exactly the same spot! Oh well, these things happen. We had a great time, and it was really nice to hear the Scottish music and do some group dancing – it brought back memories of when I did Scottish Highland Dancing in Brisbane.

Since we didn’t get home until after 1am we had a very late sleep-in this morning and other than doing a bit of marking, we aren’t doing much until it’s time to go to church. We are both a bit sore, but it was worth it. Adrian was a real sweety for staying, coz I know how much his knees would have been hurting. He’s off to Helsinki tomorrow for work so I’m home alone Mon-Thurs. I’m going to try and stay at school late each of those days to get lots of work done in preparation for next half term …. it worked last time he was away, so we’ll see how it goes this time 🙂

Comments are closed.