Hollywood Studios

So today was the longest I spent at any of the theme parks – 6 hours all up – but I'd have to say that Animal Kingdom is still my favourite.  Before I got the bus to the park, I did a load of washing and hung it out in our room on the pegless clothesline – best invention ever!  Once at the park, I went to Sounds Dangerous – Starring Drew Carey, then onto the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.  It wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but entertaining nonetheless.  I then had lunch, and saw a squirrel for the first time ever – it was sooo cute.  There was a gentleman feeding it chips (as in potato chips), and then when he went to walk away I quickly said 'could you please keep him interested, I haven't taken the photo yet' lol.  So now on my trip to Orlando I have seen 2 rabbits and a squirrel.

After lunch I lined up for the Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show, which was kinda like the show at Movieworld, but more cars.  It was really quite clever how they did some of the stunts, using cars, motorbikes, trucks and even jetskis at one point.  I then went on straight into the Studio Backlot tour, where I got wet!  They took us through a mountainy area that had been built to replicate rain and gushing water – I'm actually surprised I didn't get totally drenched.  On that tour we also saw the plane that Walt Disney flew around in, trying to find the perfect spot for Disneyworld – the Orlando people are very proud that he chose 'their turf'.  

Then after 4 days in each of the different Disneyworld parks I finally saw the parade!!  I was leaning up against a fence, and had the perfect view in between 2 prams … until a massive group of Brazilians decided to stand right in front of me.  Needless to say the parade wasn't as exciting as it could have been, and the photos are not the best, but it was still fun to see all the characters 🙂

To finish off the day I went onThe Great Movie Ride, which is a 22-minute tour that travels through classic film scenes and Hollywood moments.  At one point we came across an old-style gangster/mobster movie, and the main character took over our tour vehicle – one of those rides where you had no idea what was coming next.

They didn't have many rides.  The rollercoaster that I was going to go on had a 70min wait, and I was ready to go home by the time I discovered that, and the Tower of Terror is like our Giant Drop, but worse!!  So there was no way I was going to go on that – no thanks!

So I made my way home on the bus, opened my laptop and saw a message from Adrian inviting me to have dinner with him again, so I got back on the bus, and headed over to the conference hotel.  We had dinner with Brett, Damien and Nicole and then went home to pack.

We are now at the Orlando airport waiting to get on our flight to San Francisco (via Dallas).  We are staying at a hotel in San Fran for the night, before driving with Bill and Dennis (from Ephox) to Lake Tahoe.  The time difference there is a little better than it has been here, so hopefully there will be more time overlap where I can talk to you all via Skype, msn, or simply email.

Here ends my stay in Orlando.  I look forward to blogging with you in San Fran :) 

Comments are closed.